Wednesday 4 May 2011

Story Board (mark 1)


This is my first solid Story Board for my stop motion short feature.
(sorry about the bad scan, I need to do it in pen next time)
It starts of with my main character playing a PSP but then he's sucked into the game and begins to play as the main character of the game (sort of a traditional Japanese RPG theme). He meets other characters and begins to play through the story until he comes across the main boss (the bad guy). Just as the fight begins between the two, the main character is brought back into reality

My idea for this is to show my desire to make games and/or films with such great graphics and detail to layout (story, theme etc) that the viewer feels like their actually part of the events.

My intention is to use either Green Screen editing or enhancing the colour concentration with photoshop with the Scenes involving the game world in order to separate the two atmospheres and show how intense the game is. My characters are real and will have RPG like costumes (except the main character when he's in the real world, his cloths will change when he's in the game and go back when he returns to the real world)

The music I will make myself, I intend for it to be real music (guitar and stuff) which leads into game music (techno/computer made)

I also intend to include the "over the top reactions" in the film (the question and exclamation marks reflecting feeling and emotion of character's) to show my own style and add a bit of humour (it never hurts to add humour, especially when trying to impress your marker)

I may have to cut out a whole lot out of this as when I tried a rough sketch version it was about 5min long (4min 30sec to cut) but I'll try the photo version with my actors first to see what I need to cut and/or change

No comments:

Post a Comment