Monday 9 May 2011

Brain Storm Rant

Since we have to show our brain storming to prove development of our own ideas, I decided to just type up a massive blog rant as my brain storm (mainly because I lost half of my brain storm, there was just soo much of it)

Ideas - What I want my movie to represent
My idea for this movie is to reflect my desire of gaming and computer graphics. What I really want to do with University is go on to either become a game designer or a CG animator and create things that seem almost real. So my idea is to have my movie about a game, someone playing a game and being sucked into it to play it as himself.

Development - How can I do this
I really want to use Green Screen editing for when the character is sucked in and playing the game to make the background seem totally un-real but with my skills right now and the time I have I realise it may seem but a fleeting fantasy to pull it off so I'll use extreme Photoshop filtering and editing to make the game scenes look real still but at the same time totally different to real life (maby use poster edge to make it look like the graphics from the new Marvel vs Capcom game)


Music - What's that sound
We've been told that we can use any music as long as we have consent from the creators but I really want to try and make my own track that fits my movie's flow. Hopefully I want to make it in two pieces, separating the scenes in the "real world" to that in the "game world". preferably have something like a simple rock melody for the start and end part and have like hard core techno fight music for the game fight scene in the middle (wow do I go on or what?)

Design - How dose it all look
I know I probably don't have to think about this as much as everything else but I'm an otaku and it's just my nature to be concerned with the look of my character creations. With the whole "real world" look I want my main character to look, well, normal (maby even have a cameo of my bad guy at the end looking normal as well) but with the "game world" look, I was thinking more of a Japanese RPG look. Have the main character as a Thief Brawler type character with the signature gloves and dagger (the hero knight is just sooo old and used way to often, I wanna be original here) and the bad guy kinda all black and punk looking (almost the same as some of the others but with a punk, otaku modern difference about him) I'll make sure to put up character profiles and evaluations of the looks when I get to the fight scene.

I think that's about it when it comes to how I plan to do this film and what I want it to represent but if I come up with anything else then I'll make sure to include it in one of my development update posts

No comments:

Post a Comment