Tuesday 29 March 2011

Font Design

After hours of planning and constant changes in my media choice and quote, I finally finished my font design for this project. I decided to use Nerds (flavored sugar) in creating o font which went with my quote "Give Words A Certain Colour" to try and create a mixed look in shape, colour and texture. I used two boxes of Rainbow Nerds (my parents brought them back from America) A ruler, some tweezers and a white cloth to create my letters and then rendered them on the computer using Photoshop. I then adjusted the size, brightness and even the thickness for some to create the complete letter set. The quote however was layered up fully and then rendered onto a background that matched. I also used a Poster Edge Filter with the font to help make the letters more readable and let the colours stand out.

Final Quote Poster
Full Letter Set
I decided not to include extras such as Astrix as there are a few existing fonts that do not have these (and someone kept eating my supplies) but I did include numbers (only 1 2 and 3 though) and lower case letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment